Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thank You...

its thanksgiving tomorrow... and i know its a very American tradition... but considering the events over the last couple of days... i think its a perfect time for me to give thanks...

Well a couple of days back... i sought shelter at a church.. shelter from the heavy rains and strong winds... standing at the church the only hymn that came to my mind was " Count your blessings, name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done"... it actually did..

its not like i was not grateful for a wonderful family and a home for solace.. but i am doubly grateful for both now... for a home where i can seek solace.. and family who i can fall back upon... parents who love me for who i am.. who put up with all my non-sense and unreasonable demands (well i've never had any) and torture (my friend claims i'm a torture :( )

and after i've thanked god for the wonderful family he's given me... its time to thank him for my friends... and six special friends at that..

the first who i know right from kindergarten... today we might be in different paths in life.. but if there is someone who i could have and can trust my life with is her.. she understands me like the back of her hand.. can understand what i never say.. if i managed to pass through my college years without too much trouble its just because of her...

the second.. my aunt.. well she got married to my uncle when i was in the second grade.. and from then to now she has always been my friend and guide.. filled the void of an elder sister.. and been there always...

the third my dumb friend who i know from kindergarten too.. but the bonds of friendship strengthened in high school.. we are mutual secret keepers :) and even if i dont speak to her in a long long time (because we have totally different routines) i know she 's always there... a truly special and cute friend...

the fourth and fifth are two little kids (well atleast according to me and i know i have support too) who are like my little baby sisters.. i totally adore them.. put with all their non-sense(or is it the other way round) i'm not too sure.. but whatever it is... they are really special... the amount they done for me is phenomenal (especially to get me out of my bad moods)

the sixth is a stupid donkey and dog of a friend... who i have no words to describe... its not really a very long time since i know him (i dont consider one year a very long period). but he's a great friend and an awesome person... who has put up all my bad jokes :P and stupid mood swings and cranky behaviour..

its a special thank you to each of these people and to all my other friends who have filled my life
with love and laughter...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING... :)

0 comments: