Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cooking - Day 3

Day3 it is.. and on my menu is Dumb Bhindi and roti.. so lets get started.. actually its not very complicated.. first wash and cut the bhindi.. i did cut it really neat (atleast thats what i thought.. and that was before my grandmother told me that i m chopping too much of the edges)..

Step 2.. i take out my super looking cooking vessel.. ( i love cooking in those cute looking aluminium pots)

then i being.. heat a little oil.. fry the jeera add the masalas (and my trick for most indian dishes.. add a pinch of everything in the box and extra of the ones im sure go into the dish :P)
then put the bhindi in... cover the vessel and let it simmer..

after about ten to twelve minutes i ask my grandma if its done and she says add the masalas now.. (uh uh was my reaction.. you already know what i had done.. but thats what the recipe online told me) anyways i checked it with the spoon and it looked cooked.. so the gas goes off.. a little of it in a bowl to make my guinea pig taste...

and yippii.. my aunt says its super :) and then i tell her what i did.. and there i learn another tip.. fresh bhindi is very tender so its ok if the masala is added first..

Verdict: Bhindi brilliant.. rotis need loads more practise

0 comments: