Monday, July 6, 2009

Omg.. What a match.. Again!!

Not many put their money on history repeating itself.. but it did.. another epic final at Centre Court yesterday.. but it was Federer who was the heart breaker this time... (ummm.. i was more than thankful it was not Nadal facing him.. i'm sure i'd have failed to handle the stress)

the fifth set.. Vijay Amritraj merely called it the longest fifth set of a grand slam final.. (I'm sure he'll use more adjectives for it now). but the decider and omg.. A set that saw fantastic serving.. more winners than errors.. Roddick played arguably his best tennis.. was broken only once in the match.. and at that point he lost the match..

the match was definitely not for the weak hearted.. an enjoyable battle that left me regretting for my trimming my nails early yesterday morning.. i dint have any to chew off during the match you see...

Roddick might have lost the match.. and my heart cries out for him... but what disappointed me more is that now Federer overtakes Nadal as the World N. 1 *sigh* *sigh*

1 comments:

Vidya Natarajan said...

Fedex express rocks mate!

yes he wasnt at his best! But what matters is who won in the end, and he won! YAYYYY! I am so glad happy. I couldnt have handled it if he did not find the way to break roddick's serve. He did! in the end that was crucial...and he dint cry! Yayyyyy