Monday, October 20, 2008

Think before you speak....

“Weigh your words” is not a futile one liner idiom. Communication is the most important aspect our relationship with others. Your words can either bring you happiness or come back to haunt you. It all depends on you. Like an arrow which has left the bow, words out from the mouth cannot be taken back. Sometimes words can hurt deeper than swords. “SORRY, I DIN’T MEAN THAT” doesn’t really always heal the wound harsh words leave. And by the way if you dint mean that couldn’t you be more thoughtful and considerate about the other persons feelings??



When we feel the emotion of anger, we are most likely to take it out on whoever is with us.. and if no one is we have the tendency to call someone and vent out our frustration.. and end up saying something we might regret..






You don’t really have to agree with everyone and everything all the time… but listen.. listen to their side of the story and then put forth your difference in opinion.. but thoughtfully and gently..

I know that there have been times when something has upset me and without thinking, I have lashed out at the person closest to me. I'm still learning how to be aware of my thoughts and language and keep in mind "Words are like fire, they can either warm or burn.."


0 comments: